- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups (8 oz, 225 g) fine breadcrumbs
- 1½ cups (6 oz, 180 g) finely chopped nuts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- One 14-oz (400 g) can of tomatoes
- 8 - 10 mushrooms (7 - 10 oz, 200 - 250 g), sliced
- ½ tsp. dried parsley or thyme
In a separate pan, sauté the onions in the remaining oil. When they are soft, add the remaining ingredients. Cook for a further five minutes.
Arrange the two mixtures in layers in an oiled oven-proof dish, starting and ending with a layer of the breadcrumbs. Cook for 30 minutes at 190C.